July 03, 2009

Updates on party, family and our home.

I thought it was time I update this poor little forgotten blog of mine.
We have been very busy lately, but that is no excuse to ignore my blog.
The grandkids are all fine. Kelsey and Caitlynn both did excellent in school and they both got an award.
Joeye has graduated from preschool, however, she is enrolled in a summer camp program two days per week, so that along with her soccer should keep her busy. Kelsey and Cait are also enrolled in summer soccer and Cait is also enrolled in summer hockey, so, the sporting events will surely keep Monica and JJ on their toes.
Derek and I, along with Jennifer and Andrea, went for a week's vacation to visit his parents in BC. They live on Vancouver Island. We had beautiful, hot weather the entire time we were there.
JJ's mother and grandmother were here visiting for a week. They enjoyed their time here and of course had a wonderful time spoiling the grandkids.
JJ's father and stepmom are visiting this week. Once again the grandkids are having a great time with their poppa.
Derek and I have decided to sell our home. It will be on the market as of Monday morning. Derek decided he wanted a place with a little more land and I wanted a larger kitchen and dining room. Lets keep our fingers crossed that the house sells quickly and that we are able to find something that we really like just as fast. We did see a few places already and there is one home that we did like, however, Derek wasn't crazy about the layout of the lot, so we are still looking.
Mom's party planning in well into the final stages. The hall, catering, and music is booked. I also booked a photographer. The invitations are completed but I haven't started mailing them yet. I should really get to work and do that this weekend. I am going to send a bunch to Paul and to Henry so they can distribute them to family and friends. So if anyone hasn't received an invitation by the end of and would like one please contact me, Paul, Henry, or any one of the family.
I have some mailing addresses, but, there are still a lot of mailing addresses that I do not have.
We are planning a weekend camping trip in July with Monica, JJ and the kids, Mike, Amy and Mitch, and I am not sure who else, but it should be lots of fun.
Kelsey has found herself a part time job for part of the summer. I think she will really enjoy working and getting extra money.
Jennifer and Andrea are both doing fine. Jennifer is still working and Andrea is planning on attending Community College in the fall.
Gotta go, Cait is having friends over for the afternoon and I have to get crafts ready for Josh and Joeye to keep them busy.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?