January 30, 2008

I am still here

Hello to everyone,
So here is what's happening.
I decided to retire at the end of 2007. I have decided that it was time for me to take care of me. My back wasn't improving as long as I continued computer work. So, I decided to stop using the computer for a while to see if it helped, and sure enough, that was just what I needed.
Since I stopped spending 4+ hours a day on the computer my back has improved so much.
I am no longer having to take oxycontin for the pain. I haven't taken any since Christmas.
I am sleeping much better and haven't had to take sleeping pills in a while also.
So you see, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
I have been babysitting the grandkids for Monica. I am having so much fun. I go over there in the morning so that she doesn't have to take the kids out. This was such a great decision. It works out great for both Monica and JJ and for me.
I have decided to try and do something to lose weight. Now that I am not on so much medication and that I haven't had cortizone injections in a while, it should be a little easier to see the pounds come off. There is nothing more discouraging than watching what you eat and still gain weight, only to find out that the side effects of the medication you are taking is weight gain and lots of it. Oh well, as I said, now that I am off some of the medication I can now dedicate myself to this weight loss.
There are so many reasons I want to lose weight. First it makes me feel so much better and I have so much more energy when I exercise. And, this summer is going to be another fun summer for me. Vacation in Calgary and Vancouver Island. Andrea also graduates this summer so I feel that we should host a small graduation party for her.
I will soon be 50 and Monica has decided that she is in charge of planning the celebration for this. I was fine with just having a quiet day, but, Monica decided that she wanted to do something more exciting, so I can just imagine what is going to happen.
I have started a list of 50 things I want to do this year as I am turning 50. I have most of the list written out but I still don't have 50 things. I guess I better get to that list and finish it this week. I plan to begin crossing things off my list Friday, February 1st, so I guess I better finish that list tonight.
Now that I am officially retired, I will try and post more. Perhaps I can start a Jojo and Josh story of the week. Believe me, they definitely keep me amused, especially Joeye. She catches on to everything, hears everything and remembers it all. Yesterday she was listening to this childrens program where a butterfly was singing a song about losing her river. Well, after that, Joeye went around all day saying "Nanny, I lost my River, help me find it, please Nanny".
You can just imagine how hard it was to help her find her river. Finally, when she was having her snack in the dining room, I put a quilt on the floor in the family room and called her in and told her that I found her river. We then sat on the quilt and played in her river for a while.
The things that she comes up with are unbelievable. You would never know that she is only 2 and a half year old.
Well, I better go for now. I promise to post more often and to also post weekly pics of the kids.
Cait is doing great with Hockey, making goals and all, and Kels is doing super with wrestling and other sports as well. Kels has another big tournament in Fredericton this weekend and we will let you know how she does. Cait also has hockey games this weekend so I will let you know how those turn out as well.
I will be having Henry and the family and mom visiting soon and I can hardly wait. I love having kids in the house. Joeye is excited about having her friend come back and play with her. She called Maddi her friend.
We got a new pellet stove for the family room and it is soooooo nice.
Hugs to everyone.
Anne

Comments:
Anne,it sounds like a great plan for your future...taking care of yourself so you can help others! I'm sure you make a HUGE difference for Monica & JJ. It sounds like you have just as much fun as the grandkids do!

Is your list of 50 things going to be private or public? Just wondering...maybe I should have done that instead of 101 things in 1001 days! I'm only down to 74 I think left to do and a couple of them are huge...tour the Cabot Trail and visit the Stratford Festival!!!! Guess I better get moving with my air miles points!!!!

Good luck with all your future endevours and BEWARE of what that birthday bash may hold!!!! I've seen some of Monica's party planning skills and I'm glad I'm over here!!!
 
That's awesome that you can watch the kiddies for Monica and JJ...if my mom was closer I'm sure she'd be doing the same. I know Joey sure enjoys his holidays at Mom and Dad's though. At Christmas he decided he was going for 10 sleeps and was super disappointed when he came home after 3 or 4 sleeps.

Can't wait for the deets on your party. I've been to one of Monica's parties and I'm still talking about it like it was yesterday. All my besties know exactly who I'm referring to when I say Hunter, lol. Wish we were closer to come celebrate with you!

Love you guys!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?