October 16, 2006

Time for another update

Seems like I haven't updated in a while, so, here goes.
First I have to say that I have been quite busy the past month or so. Once I returned from visiting Ontario, I decided to make salsa, pickles and chow. I have enough to keep us going for the entire winter. I also told mom that I would wrap the christmas gift that she sent home with me. So, I have those almost all wrapped. Once that is done, I will have to plan a short trip to NewBrunswick to deliver them before Christmas.
I also told mom that I would make the fruitcakes for her this year. I got her secret recipe and I have made 8 fruit cakes so far. So please let me know who wants fruitcakes and how many you would like. I am also planning of making rum cakes this year. I made one last year ad it was sooooo goood, that I decided that I would make a couple of those this year too. I also have to make a few meat pies. I think 8 to 10 meat pies should be enough to keep us going this year.
Derek and I will be celebrating our first wedding anniversary next week, so , we have decided to go away for the weekend. Just a quick romantic escape from the city. We are going to this tiny little community somewhere in Nova Scotia, called Meteghan. Derek has been there for work in the past few months and has found this very nice country inn that he wanted to take me to. So, that is where we will be going. It is along the Evangeline Trail somewheres, not too far from Digby, so it sounds like it is going to be a nice, quiet, romantic weekend for us....YIPEE.
Really busy at work getting ready preparing next years budget and getting funding proposals ready for different places. I will soon have to begin preparing all my year end reports for the auditor. He usually comes in the first week of February to do the audit, but, I like to have as much ready as possible before he come in.
I will try and keep the NB gang updated on when I am able to do my Christmas deliveries. Of course, any of you can always come to visit us in Nova Scotia. We have lots of room.

Comments:
Anne, you are, without a doubt, a wonderful hostess! I would go just to visit you but to get fruitcake too, now that is very tempting! But we are going to hang around here and await Jonathan's arrival.

Enjoy your romantic get away with Derek. The holidays are just around the corner and things may get a little crazy.
 
Hey, You gave me a great Idea. I may just come for a visit. Once I get someone else hired to do some weekend work I will be able to take a couple days off and go on a little trip. Oddly enough I know all about Meteghan. A girl I work with comes from there and talks about it all the time.
Have fun.

Later,

Henry
 
Fruit cake you say?
Mom always sends me two because i'm the oldes"and her favorite"So two please.And if a rum cake falls in the box,that would be o.k.too.
You can leave bee's friut cake with me if you want.I'll make sure she gets a peice...NOT...LOL
Paul
 
Dave says: Never mind the cake or the meat pies just send him the rum! :D Have a super weekend.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?