July 17, 2006

Accommodations for the wedding

I decided that I would put this little blurb on my blog for anyone that may be interested.
When we travel to Miramichi for Henry's wedding, Derek and I have decided that we will be staying at The Wharf Inn. Monica and JJ will also be staying there with the children.
I have booked rooms for Thursday, Friday and Saturday. August 10, 11 and 12.
The Wharf Inn has also blocked off a section of 10 rooms for anyone that may want to make reservations. I thought this was a good idea for guests, like people from Henry's work, or for anyone else that may be looking for a place to stay. I know that we could probably all stay with Uncle Paul, Bee, Aunt Mina and other relatives if we wanted to, but Derek and I wanted something close to downtown and felt that everyone will be very busy trying to help with wedding stuff, so by having a room, we will be out of everyones hair, and can still have quiet time when we need it. Here is the information for The Wharf Inn.

The website.
http://www.cityhotels.ca/hotels/wihotel.html

The block of rooms are being held until July 30th. So if you want a room you must call and tell them that it is for the MacAulay/Long wedding. The rooms are $99 + tax, however, if 10 rooms are booked, we are able to get them for the discount price of $75 + tax. Monica and I already have 4 rooms booked.

The Address and phone number is
The Wharf Inn
1 Jane Street
Miramchi, New Brunswick
E1V 3M6
Tel: (506) 622-0302
Fax: (506) 622-0354
TOLL FREE 1-866-612-8600

Comments:
Additional information for Jennifer and Paul. Thought you may want to know that The Wharf Inn does allow pets. However, if you have a dog, they ask that you not leave it in the room by itself as they do not want it crying or barking as that would disturb other guests. And, if the dog makes a mess or destroys the room, you are responsible.
 
Oh, and I should also mention that this information is not for the family members that are coming from out West. We already know where you will all be staying. You also know that you will all be welcome to come and visit with us at the motel any time. But I am sure that most of the time we will be at Uncle Paul's. That seems to be the place where everyone gathers when we get together or visit.
 
Kelsey and Kelsey were going to babysit my boys the night of the wedding so Aaron and I were thinking that we'd just get a room at the Wharf as well, than it's easier to tuck them in at the end of the night. I'll double check with Aaron then tomorrow I'll book a room.
Thanks for posting the info!
 
How a long of a drive is it from where the wedding reception will be and the hotel?
 
It is not very far at all. The church is less than a 5 minute drive and the reception is probably about 10 - 15 minutes drive. Let me know if you have any other questions.
 
Thanks for the info, we've booked a room for the 12th. That way when we pick up the boys we can just crawl to our room -haha!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?