April 29, 2006

Results of my bloodwork

Ok, so the doctor sent me for bloodwork because I told him that I had gained a lot of weight in the past 3 months or so. Well, he told me that I was on the edge of having Type 2 diabeties and that if I didn't change my eating habit I would be injecting myself with insulin within the next 5 years. Then he tells me that I have a 20% chance of having a heart attack within the next 10 years. That was enough to make me realize that I have to do something or I am in big trouble. I will be seeing a dietician. The physician is sending me for more bloodwork in 4 weeks and he said that if things didn't improve, he will be putting me on medication. I will update once I see the dietician.

Comments:
That's what happened to me, so I started watching what I ate, and no I dont mean I watch everything as I ate it. I mean, I really cut back on the double, double every morning, lunch, and after supper. That alone was six spoons of sugar a day. Yeah, chocolate was next to go, then came the excercise. It.s the only way to do it. When Garry was told in dec he had type 2, he started walking an hour a day every day on the treadmill and we got a health smart cookbook from the dietician and made meals directly from the book and ate exactly what it said and he lost 60 lbs and controlled his sugar and his colestrol at the same time.
you really have to want to do it and being told you're going to die if you dont is a great motivator
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?