April 23, 2006

Do you recognize this home







As I have mentioned before, Dereks mother is an artist. She does watercolor and oil paintings. I asked her if she would do a painting for me of Grandparents home and she said she would be honored to paint the picture for me. So, what do you think. I took a couple of old pictures that I had and I gave her a description of what I could remember of the house, and this is what she came up with. Let me know what you think. I had the painting done for mom. I hope you like it mom.

Comments:
That's pretty awesome Auntie Anne! You are a very thoughtful daughter, I'm sure Nannie will love it!
 
WOW that is like an amazing painting. I like seeing the old house with the porch on it. It is truely a work of art.

Henry
 
Very nice watercolour and great memories! Derek,your Mother has a great talent.
 
Hello I'm back. I think this is as close as anyone could come. Derek's mother did a great job. Light Oak frame to match the rest of my furniture. OK? haha
 
Hey there Brenda, hope you are feeling better. Glad you mentioned what kind of frame you wanted as the picture arrives today and I am taking it to have framed this weekend.
 
It really does look like Grandmere's house,doesn't it. We all spent a lot of time there. I counted once, and I have more than 50 first cousins on the Doiron side. Aline and I used to bike there from our place all the time.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?